Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sept 2, 2013

So this week went really well, all besides the fact that my companion got sick! He has a cold and has been really low on energy and he really cant talk to much during the lessons, but he is a champion and always is willing to work and do all he can! So my area, it is pretty dirty and there are a lot of cars! There is always traffic and there is a lot of smog. The people here are still really nice, especially the members. The members here in this ward absolutely love the missionaries! They feed us really good and make I even got my one birthday present from this one sister in our ward that speaks a little bit of english! I got a Toy Story cup and I will love it forever! I also am getting my package from mom so I am excited for that too. It was a weird birthday to be honest, it never really felt like my birthday, not sure if that is just growing up or if it was cuz I wasnt really worrying about me for once. Probably the second one! haha
    My companion and I are working really hard and trying to teach our investigators, we have a ton but there is such a huge problem with them not coming to church it is a little difficult. We were expecting 10 investigators in church but only 1 showed up and then we got the terrible news that he doesnt live in our area!! :( We went ahead and taught him again on Sunday cuz he comes here on the weekends to visit his girlfriend who lives in our ward. His name is Martin and he is definitely golden. We had taught him one time to gain his trust and to teach the Godhead and that lesson went well, but on Sunday we taught him the Restoration lesson cuz he went to church and hear all the testimonies given and Jose Smith came up in the meeting about 50 times. So we taught the lesson and answered all his questions and before we could invite him to be baptized he asked us, ´´Well, what do I need to do to be baptized?´´ We were so excited and then we found out that he doesnt live in our ward so we will be giving him to missionaries in another zone in our mission! Oh well, but it was a really great experience and I love helping others and answering their questions. My comp has told me numberous times as we have been together that I ask really good questions and that I have a gift to make people open up and share their experiences so that we can apply something from the Gospel to their needs. I have noticed that my comp is really good and spicing up the lessons with examples and his strong testimony! We make a pretty solid team I would say! 
   We have had a ton of lessons with less active members and have been pretty successful with those too, we had about 70 people in the church last week and this week the attendance went up to 85, I hope that slowly as I am here this ward will grow. There is a quote from PMG that I really like it says, ´´Do all you can to leave your area stronger than you found it.´´ I really want to do that and I know I can with hard work and obedience.
  Since I have come to the mission I love finding quotes and putting them in my agenda. I would like to share a few with you...´
´´I am not afraid of tomorrow because I have seen yesterday, and I love today!´´
´´A man shows what he is by doing what he does with what he has.´´ 
´´You cant please everyone, dont let critisism worry you.´´
´´It is good to be important, but it is more important to be good.´´
Well I would just like to thank everyone really quick that wished me a happy birthday and for all the prayers that are coming my way. I love and miss you all very much but I know I am exactly where I need to be right now! Have an amazing week!

Elder Hixon

No comments:

Post a Comment