Sunday, February 16, 2014

Nov 4, 2013

Wow, so this week will be the last week of this cycle and I cant believe that in a week from now the mission will be having changes again! 

So this week went well. I have a goal to finish the Book of Mormon in spanish before the end of the year and I have been keeping up with that goal. I started a few weeks ago and I am already in Mosiah 11 and working my way through it. I have decided to put away all of my English books and I am studying only in Spanish. I have had some people tell my that my spanish is really improving so I am really pumped about that. It really helps to be talking in Spanish 24 hours a day, 6 days a week cuz every monday is English day. My comp really wants to learn English and he does a pretty good job. It is pretty hilarious though, cuz sometimes he will be talking to me in English and I will just naturally talk to him in Spanish and then he gets mad at me! Oops :) 

Honestly the work has been moving along, reallly slow here. It is kinda normal. I havent baptized since my first area and I am starting to feel like I am not working hard enough, but I know that that is a lie that Satan puts in my head to try to get me unmotivated. I know that this work really isnt about baptizing, it is about bringing others to Christ. Two of the first steps before baptism are first faith, and then repentance. The most difficult part we are having as missionaries right now is getting people to church. If the people arent coming to church, they really arent repenting and changing their lives! We are going to work extra hard this week to make sure we have some investigators in church this week. I know we can do it! :) We are going to do it!

Nothing really exciting happened this week. The 2nd of November was el día de los muertos or the day of the dead and we ate some delicious dead bread and hot chocolate. Other than that nothing too exciting happened this week. We walked, and walked, and walked, and walked, like pioneer children, and YES I sang a little while we walked! :) Elder Rogel likes to copy me as I sing made up songs in the street so that he can make his English better. It is actually really entertaining! :)  I hope to have more exciting news for you all next week. 

I sure love and miss you all! I hope you have a great week. 

Elder Hixon

No comments:

Post a Comment