Sunday, February 16, 2014

Oct 21, 2013

If I have ever thought any week has passed by really fast I was lying, because this week has just come and gone and I have no idea what happened to it! All I know is that I will not ever get this week back again. I really appreciated the emails this week and for what the leaders back at home said about having fun out here on your mission and I think that is what I have been lacking this week. Sure this week passed by really fast but I think that that is great council to have fun and to work hard because it is possible! :)

So this Wednesday we had interviews and that was a really cool experience cuz I was talking with President Egbert and I was talking to him about how my district was going and he said I was doing a great job. I also was telling him how I felt like I had no time for myself and he told me... Think about how the Apostles feel, and I was sitting there thinking wow, the Apostles basically give their lives to work for the Lord.  And then he told me, now think about the Savior and how his entire existence was a sacrifice for us and in the moment I can start to understand more fully his sacrifice for me that I can become more like Christ and we'll, have even more success in the mission. I got really excited for his comment and I am really grateful for the Atonement in my life and for the patience that God has for each and every one of us! :) 

On Thursday after my district class I did divisions with Elder Back my comp from the MTC and that was a super awesome experience because I could really see how much we have grown here in Mexico as far as the language and our testimonies go! :) We taught an amazing lesson about the Plan of Salvation and it was one of the most spiritual lessons I have taught here in Mexico and I know that the Plan of Salvation is a perfect plan and it really is a plan of happiness. We also burned a tie and to celebrate our 6 months together! That was lots of fun, I took a video and it is pretty hilarious. We kinda failed a little bit but it was a great time! :) 

On Sunday I gave a talk on the Work of Salvation and i learned a lot from the talk! I spoke for about 20 minutes and I remember saying in my hear back home that the day I was able to give a talk for 20 minutes without a problem would be the day I became a man! Haha  I still dont feel like that man I thought I would be but it did feel great to be able to do that, especially in SPANISH! :) Honestly though I dont know what happened to this week but I know that think week I am going to try to do a better job and being a HAPPY and hardworking missionary and I hope you all back at home continue to share the Gospel with everyone and that you have fun doing it! :) I love and miss you all so much and you are always in my prayers! :) Talk to you next week :)

PS enjoy that extra hour of sleep  on Saturday night!  I know I sure will  :))))

No comments:

Post a Comment