Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sept 16, 2013

So the picture, I dont know what I am doing with my thumb but it looks a little silly! Haha but that little girl is so cute!!! It was independence day here in Mexico yesterday so we had to be in our house on saturday night and last night at 7. It was really weird to go home so early. I felt like I was wasting time! It is amazing to see now how much time I wasted before the mission. And also that is why the little girl was dressed up so cute, that was at our ward activity we had. Elder Christensen and I played BINGO with them. It was a lot of fun! :) I really dont have like any time this week but I did divisions with another elder this week, Elder Katich from Nevada and he was a little strange, he only has one more cycle than me but some of there investigators told me I had a way better accent than him in spanish. (I went to his area to work with him) It was a lot of fun and I learned a ton! I was really glad to get back with Elder Christensen though. Speaking of Elder Christensen, his grandpa died on Friday and so if you could send a few extra prayers his way that would be awesome! He is such a good example though and so strong. He still has been working hard and not been too bummed about the passing of his grandpa. Im sure it brings him comfort to know about the Plan of Salvation. I know that Plan brings me lots of joy and happiness to know exactly where I came from, where I am going, and what I am doing here on the earth. Makes two years on a mission seem like nothing, which it really isnt. Cant believe I have 5 months in the mission. Almost a quarter of the way done. What the heck? And I still feel like I have no idea what I am doing. Okay that was maybe a little exaggerated but I still feel really new. We have this week and then next week and it will  be changes, it would be really weird if my companion left. I sure hope not! Anways the work is a little tough right now, investigators arent really doing their ``homework`` so thats a little frustrating, but gotta keep working hard and doing what I gotta do and I know the Lord will bless me in my efforts. Love you and pray for you all daily! Have an amazing week :)

Love, Elder Hixon

No comments:

Post a Comment