Sunday, February 16, 2014

Jan 27, 2014

We are getting pretty darn close to Febrero and it is freaking me out kinda a lot how the months are just passing by right now. It has been over a month since Skyping the family and we only have about 2 and a half months before we listen to General Conference again! So stoked about that not gonna lie haha....

Anyways so it was another busy and quick week. We barely hit the 40 lessons this week on the dot! We were worried that we wouldnt make it, we needed 7 on saturday but we got all the 7 we needed and we really happy to know we did everything possible this week to reach that standard of excellence! :) 2 weeks in a row baby! Gonna make it three this week for sure. It is amazing what we are capable of doing when we are diligent and obedient and then basically challenge the Lord to do His part with our prayers with faith. One of the greatest testimonies I have gained here in the mission is being able to pray with faith! My companion and I have definitely been praying with all our hearts this week. It isnt easy to reach the standards President Egbert has put. I love that man! Speaking of President, I was talking to Sister Egbert today and she was telling me some stuff I didnt even ask her to tell me but she was telling me how there was going to be a ton of changes for next week! I believe it cuz our mission is going to be growing in these next couple months. And with that growth there will be a new zone created this cycle I believe. Exciting stuff and it is so cool to be part of this amazing work! 

So this week we went to eat with the García family which is an awesome family and when we got there, they told us that their neighbor Clara, (yes, Clara I did tell her that was my sister's name ;)) wanted to talk to us. We were still eating when she came right on into the García's house and she basically just told us of a ton of problems she has had in her life. One of her sons doesnt live with her, but with her parents, she has had problems with drugs and smoking in her life and she was homeless for two years, she said she has considered suicide a number of times and the only thing that keeps her from doing it is her 3 year old daughter that she has.... A ton of other things that I dont even want to mention but just know she has a crazy history! Well, we listened to her for about 30 minutes and then when she was done talking, my companion and I just felt such compassion for this woman and we explained to her the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how God is our loving Heavenly Father. We didnt even teach one of the lessons and then we committed her to be baptized for the 22 of Feb. She said YES! And the best part was that she actually came to church! :) We had 4 investigators and church. All different ones from last week. This place is crazy :) Erik Palacios was there with his family and Irais and 3 kids were there too. Max, Irais's husband wasnt there cuz he had to work! :/ The economic situation here is rediculous! Sometimes the people just have enough to eat for the whole day with $15 or $20 pesos or roughly 1 or 2 dollars. We really are blessed huh? :) 

Right now I am just super happy cuz we have lots of people to teach and they all love us so much and I love them. In fact, some of our investigators are praying that we dont have changes cuz they dont want us to leave! It is the most humbling thing ever to know that these people really appreciate our visits and that it is definitely worth my time to be here helping as many people as I can! The feelings of joy and happiness I feel right now cant even be put into words! :) Yes we are even finding time to goof around. I will send una foto of my pretty smile.

Love you all so much! Keep praying for me. I have seen the effects of those prayers for sure. I pray for all of you! Have a safe week :)

Love, Elder Hixon 

No comments:

Post a Comment