Sunday, February 16, 2014

Jan 20, 2014

What a week! Honestly I dont have much time to write but I am so happy to be here and to be working my absolute hardest!! This week my son and I taught 42 lessons :) Thats right, we reached the standards of excellence and even surpassed them! I still do all my stuff as District Leader too! SANTA VACA (holy cow) just so you know they do not say that here. Its just something I sometimes like to say! I dont think I have ever felt so tired in my whole entire life. But at the same time I cant look back and think of a time where I have ever felt such happiness!

This week we only had 5 investigators go to church but I was still happy. I know I did everything I could this week! We also figured out this week that Erick Palacios needs to get married and also another investigator named Miriam. I think I mentioned her in my letter last week. I am so sick and tired of hearing that so many people arent married down here in Mexico. One of the biggest problems down here is the people just dont see the importance of getting married. But nothing can stop me from working hard and helping these people down here see the importance and that it is a commandment of God to be chaste. It also just kills me to see how poor these people are here. They sometimes barely have enough to buy food and diapers for the babies! I know that if they just put their faith in the Lord and live the commandments that they will be blessed spiritually and temporally. (Mosiah 2:41) That is one of my favoritest scriptures.... Favoritist? I dont even know if that is a word haha :)

Right now I cant think of any one thing that stood out this week. I just remember we taught and taught and taught! It was super fun and that I want to keep working hard and helping as many people as I can. I passed my 9 month mark on Friday! Weird huh? Well, I love all of you. Just know that my testimony of the Savior has grown so much this week, I know that as I put my faith in the Lord and say lots and lots of prayers with faith, anything is possible. I felt like a true instument in the hands of the Lord! I wish I could tell you everything that happened in the week but it is just impossible! 

Make this week a good one! Talk to you next week :)

Elder Hixon

No comments:

Post a Comment