Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dec 30, 2013

So just like Ben said in his weekly letter nothing much happened after Christmas. There are tons of people that are out of town for vacations and it is really hard to find people to teach! But, my companion and I are still working hard of course and doing what we can!

I was very happy on Sunday because Roberto and Erika came to church with their two little boys... Not sure if I have mentioned them in a previous letter but they are pretty awesome people! Roberto really likes me cuz I am American and says that he loves the way things are done in the US and says that he likes me for that! He calls me ``Hixon``. No Elder or Hermano like almost every other person. He always is just like... ``Thanks Hixon`` or ``I will say the prayer Hixon``. Its pretty great! Anyways that was the first time in this area that I have had investigators go to church more that one time! This was there 2nd time. We taught them about the Law of Chastity because they arent married and Roberto doesnt really want to... But after we taught the Law of Chastity, he ws like ```Hixon, does that mean that we cant go to church if we arent married?`` I just said that of course he was always welcome to come and that his family needs to be in church! They came :) We are hoping that next week we have even more in church! 

Today we recieved our weekly letter from President Egbert and it said that our weekly standards of excellence are being changed from 20 lessons with investigators (members present or without members) to 25 lesson a week. Also from 10 lessons a week to teach less actives and recent convers, we have to teach 15 lessons. That would be 40 lessons a week! He seriously is always pushing us and trying to make us better missionaries and better representatives of our older brother Jesus Christ! 

I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve! I hope you all have a Happy New Year and that you make 2014 a better year than it was this year! We will be becoming better people together this year! Weird to think that tomorrow is my year mark that I got my mission call!! I remember that day really well! I went surfing that day and a ton of people came to our house for the New Year! What a fast year! I am almost positive this year will pass by even faster, so lets enjoy it! 

Love you all,
Elder Hixon 

No comments:

Post a Comment