Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Changes (8/19)

So I got changes! I will no longer be in Molango. I am with my new companion Elder Christensen and he is the District leader. I still havent been with a native companion! Elder Christensen seems like a really nice guy. He has 10 months in the mission and is from Kansas. We will see what we can do here in this ward. I am really really sad to not be in the jungle anymore but I really look forward to progressing in the mission and getting to know more people! I am now serving in the zone Tacamec and I am about 45 minutes away from Pachuca and not 3 hours! I have not gone to meet anyone here yet so we will see what happens this week. I am kinda sad because I am leaving a baptism that will happen on Saturday in Molango and then one the following week.But I will get Elder McCormick to send me pictures of them. Now I really feel like I am in Mexico. I am in a place more like how I imagined it. The pictures are of me with Elder McCormick eating pizza with our zone leaders and the other is with me standing in front of the house of prayer in Molango, little did I know that it would be my last there.

Earlier this week on Thursday, we had a visit from the area 70 Elder Valenzuela. He trained us as missionaries and showed us our role in the work of salvation. I dont know if you Dad have seen the work of salvation videos and stuff. How that is working up in the states. But basically Elder Valenzuela was legit and he told us on how the keys are given to the Bishops and stake presidents and with the help of the members they do the work of salvation. Us as missionaries also play a key part as we are full time teachers. That is what we are called to do is teach! Nothing else, and it is the job of the members to keep our agendas full, not us! I learned a lot from him but that was the basic idea of it. I also have lots of desires to understand the Atonement and the role it plays in my life as a missionary. That is going to be my goal from here on out and I can only imagine that it will be a life time goal. I am so grateful for His sacrifice and I am so grateful for the gift we have to repent from our sins everyday, both the big sins and the little sins that we arent even aware of. 

This week was crazy but I really dont remember too much of it because of packing up and leaving Molango and now coming here to Tecamec, everything is so different. But I love all of you and thank you for all you do for me and your prayers! Talk to you all soon! Oh and have a great week at school and work! :) I will be working too! 

Love, Elder Hixon


NOTICE: This email

No comments:

Post a Comment