Saturday, June 15, 2013

The work in Molango

This week went by sooo fast! I cant believe how quickly the time is flying by. This week was super busy. My comp and I taught so many lessons this week. It was extra tough cuz he has been making me start the lessons and then making me chose what to talk to the people about. We have a system that we do here. We help the members here, we reach out to the less actives and we also have investigators. I like the system, it is really effective to get around and help and teach all different kinds of lessons. My spanish is still pretty rough but i know it just takes time. I know I just need to be patient. My comp says I am improving though so thats good.

So Monday after I wrote we taught a few lessons and then went to a FHE with the ### family. There we had a good lesson about the importance of temple and covenants we make, also the covenants we make at baptism. The grandpa and also one of the grandpas daughters was having a birthday so we had a mini party after the family night. We had some cake and so pineapple jello stuff. It was actually pretty good. (I have eaten so much more fruit than I have ever eaten in my entire life here!!)


Tuesday we walked around for about 3 or 4 hours and literally had like no success. Nobody was home and all our appointments fell through. It was dissappointing but I knew that I was going to have tough days out here. It is super duper humid here in this part of Mexico. I sweat so much it is disgusting. And just to clarify, its not a jungle in the little town we are in but everything around us is jungle. The view is so amazing! Nothing like I was expecting when I got my call. I got a little sunburned on tuesday too. But yeah after the long day of not too much success we had to go back to Pachuca which is 3 hours away in taxi. We are literally 3 hours away from the closest missionaries. We preach here and in Zecualtipan on saturdays which I will talk about later.


Wednesday we had our zone conference which is the reason why we had to go to Pachuca in the first place. It was good, we had a couple of classes that we had and we also were taught by president and sister hicken. Supposedly it is the last time we are going to see them, my companion was having a hard time saying goodbye to them cuz he has been here for 19 months. Hes a champion. After the zone conference we had to yet again travel back here to Molango. The funny thing is that they PACK their cars here. The taxi had 6 grown men in the car, my comp and I shared the front seat the entire 3 hours. Talk about a long car ride!!! I guess it was a good bonding experience. haha


Thursday, nothing out of the ordinary happened, got up studied, taught lessons with whoever was home and willing to listen to us. We had some taquitos with sour cream, lettuce, cheese, and salsa for lunch cuz they feed us around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Nobody was really home this day either and I got a little burnt. When we have lots of lessons I dont have to worry about getting burnt cuz I am teaching inside a lot. I got some ice cream that was pretty good, I got bubblegum and cookies and cream. I was surprised and how good it was.


Friday was awesome. We taught this super powerful lesson with an investigator named ### and also her sister ### listens to us too. But we taught her about the restoration and we were in the middle of the lesson when my comp leaned over and told me to invite her to be baptized. So i did and she said YES! She said she wanted to be baptized the next day. We told her we had to wait until the next week so we could finish teaching her the things she needed to know. It was great! The spirit was so strong! These kind of lessons make this whole mission experience worth it. I love seeing the changes in people lives that this gospel provides for everyone.


Saturday was rough. When we went to go see ### she looked completely changed. She told us she didnt want to be baptized anymore! She let us teach her a lesson but the lesson went nowhere and we know she knows this is the true church but she is scared for some reason. It was super sad. We are going to continue to try and help her. We went to Zecualtipan after cuz thats what we do on saturdays. It was definitely different. There were a lot more people and the city is wayyy bigger than here in Molango. There is so much work to do in both places. We basically went around all day on saturday trying to know as many members as possible. It was exhasting! But there was a man there who was sick and asked for a blessing so I got the opportunity to anoint with oil in spanish. It was rough but really cool. An experience I will never forget. I love being able to exercise the priesthood which I have. But yeah we then came back here to Molango which is about a 45 minute drive.


Sunday was so nice. I needed a day to relax and recharge my batteries. We got to teach primary on sunday. There was a grand total of 3 kids there! I cant wait til we see more people coming to church on sunday. There was about 20 total there on Sunday. Other than that it was just teaching and yeah we talked to a super funny drunk guy. That was fun! I have never seen anyone so drunk in my life. Moral of the story, dont drink! It makes you do stuff you dont wanna do!


Thats all for now, I love you and think pray for everyone daily. Thanks for your prayers and everything!


Love,
Elder Hixon

No comments:

Post a Comment