Saturday, June 15, 2013

Week 5 MTC

Guess what? Cory is in my zone, her classroom is right next to mine!! I got to introduce her and her district into the MTC last night, it was really cool. I also saw Elder Wolf and Elder Murphy. Shane is actually living on the same floor in the same residence hall as me so we caught up for about a half hour last night. It was sweet. It was nice to talk to someone about life back at home in person and not being rushed in email or something. Well I only got about 6 more minutes of email, not sure where you went but I guess the next time you hear from me will hopefully be in the airport. I don't know if I have to do that in the SLC or if I can do that in the Atlanta one when I have more time. Either way I hope I can call for a little. But if not, I will be fine in Mexico. I am so ready to eat some dang good mexican food! I started packing a little bit today and it all became more real that I am leaving in a few days. CRAZY. This MTC experience has been so awesome. I cant believe its almost done.
More about the vegas experience, we got up at like 5:30am to get ready and stuff and then we drove a bus to the airport. We drove right by the Cuillards house and it kinda made me sad but not really. We ate Cafe Rio and then flew to Vegas and were picked up by a Senior couple elder who took us to the UNLV institute. We got del taco for lunch and we just talked for a little bit. Then we went to the Mexican place and we got our fingers scanned and our photos taken for our visas. It was really simple. Then we went back to the airport and flew home, and we didnt get home until about 10:15. It was nuts.
Lets see, what else... Being a zone leader is fine, I just go to meetings and stuff and I got to help to give this girl a blessing in our zone who was feeling a bit homesick. It was a really cool experience. I didnt actually give the blessing, but one of the branch presidency members. My companion Elder Beck and I got to join the blessing. I realized I have never experienced anything like that, I have just joined in ordination circles and stuff like that. So what is Josh's job? Thats awesome he finally got one. I havent heard from him in forever!
But guess what? Cory is in my zone, her classroom is right next to mine!! I got to introduce her and her district into the MTC last night, it was really cool.
Love you all lots,
Elder Hixon 

No comments:

Post a Comment